CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

7 Months!


Daphne Lucille is 7 months old! Our baby girl has a great sense of humor and loves to be tickled. She waves for bye-bye and is learning to wave at hello. She tries to get on all four, but gets hung up on one leg she keeps tucked beneath her. Daphne is also trying to pull herself up to stand - with my pants, the bath tub, and anytime I sit near her. She also uses the keyboard as a support for standing.


Her favorite song right now is 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing'. If she is upset, all I have to do is start singing that hymn and she immediately starts laughing - of course it could just be laughing at my singing in general. Daphne enjoys going to the library twice a week for Lapsit and Mother Goose (language development). Mostly it's for the distraction of the other kids there, as she ignores the librarian leading the rhymes.


Daphne loves her veggies, but is still unsure about fruit. Unless, of course, it's bananas and I have chewed them first - yes, I am Her Majesty's taste tester.

2 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

I can't believe she is so big already! In the last pic she looks like Brian to me - not that he is a messy eater. In regards to the banana chewing, I was thinking momma penguin but Your Majesty's taste tester sounds much more distinguished. I've never heard that hymn before,I think I will pick it out later on the piano to check it out. Kiss that baby for us!

Garin Cruz said...

She is so adorable! I too can't believe that she is so big. It is amazing how fast they grow up. I never understood when my parents told me "I wish I could put a rock on your head so you would stop growing". Now I do, and I wish I could do the same for my kids. I crazy because you start by saying "oh, I can't wait until she can..." then it turns into "I wish she couldn't or wouldn't..." I guess it just comes down to enjoying them while you have them, because sooner than you know it they will be out on their own.
Have a great day,